One of the first steps towards researching a particular treatment is to find out what components are included in the formulation. This can help to better understand how it works and how effective it can be for treating a particular condition.
Before proving a list of ingredients included in Wartrol it is important to mention that formulation of this treatment changed significantly from when it was first released. Previously it was a homeopathic treatment in a form of spray, which was used orally. The product was supposed to work by boosting your immune system, thus making your body fight HPV on its own. Quite a lot of ingredients were not clinically proven to work for warts treatment therefore the whole remedy got quite mixed feedback from its users. Most likely due to this the company behind Wartrol decided to do some changes. Not only was a list of ingredients totally changed, but also it is now applied directly on warts. So if you will spend time researching for reviews of Wartrol keep in mind that previously it was a totally different product and therefore feedback might vary a lot. This new approach of a product is definitely more effective and can provide better results for users.
According to the label of Wartrol, the only active ingredient in the formulation now is Salicylic Acid (17%). This substance is in fact clinically tested to be effective in treating warts. Furthermore salicylic acid is also approved by FDA, which is a good indication that it actually works and most importantly is safe to use. There were quite a lot of studies done in order to investigate how effective this ingredient was for treating warts. To summarize the findings of these studies it can be said that topical solutions that include salicylic acid were effective for ~75% of participants who have this condition. This is definitely a good result and it would be difficult to find an ingredient that would be more effective. So it is quite clear why Wartrol chose to include it in its formulation as the main component.
There are also a total of 6 inactive ingredients in Wartrol. These include:
- Ethyl Alcohol. The main aim of this component is to make sure that no bacteria can infect warts while they are being treated by Wartrol. Since alcohol has antiseptic features, it is able to keep warts clean and reduces the chance of any further infection.
- Menthol. This ingredient provides a cooling effect on the skin while the main active ingredient works on removing warts.
- Ascorbic Acid. This component is actually a Vitamin C, so it is beneficial for keeping your skin healthy. It can help affected skin area to recover much faster after a wart is finally removed.
- Hydroxypropylcellulose. This component can help to reduce the chance of infection as well as minimize symptoms such as itching and burning.
- Flexible Collodion. The main use of this ingredient is healing of modest wounds as well as keeping the contact between skin and tropical solutions stronger. In Wartrol it works by forming a covering all over the area that is affected, which helps to prevent infections and keep salicylic acid on the treated area for longer time.
- Polysorbate-80. This component is quite commonly used for increasing the speed of reaction.
So as you can see from a list of ingredients included in Wartrol, the main component (salicylic acid) works on removing warts while other inactive substances reduce the chance of further infection and helps affected skin to return to its previous healthy state.
Are Wartrol Ingredients Safe?
All ingredients included Wartrol are definitely safe and will not cause side effects if the treatment is used correctly. There are a few intructions provided on the label that should be followed thoroughly. This treatment should be applied directly on warts using a brush included. It is important to avoid irritation of surrounding skin too. Also it is crutial not to touch warts, since it can cause infection to intensify and even spread to other parts of the body.
Although Wartrol is a safe wart remover it might be still worthwhile to check the list of all ingredients included and make sure you are not allergic to them. For instance there is a small percentage of people who might experience allergic reaction to Ethyl Alcohol.